Thursday, December 9, 2010

Operation Game Cake

I usually make a cake for the lovely doctors & nurses at my Mom's doctor's office. They always take such good care of her & deserve a treat. This year I decided to make an Operation Game cake & as always candy for the nurses. The cake is an 11x15 marble cake crumb coated in buttercream & covered in fondant. The patient is also fondant w/ modeling chocolate hair & eyebrows & I cut out the holes down to the red & filled each hole w/ game pieces made from white modeling chocolate. The words were written w/ an edible marker & the tweezer is made from gumpaste.

This was the second cake I made in a 3 day period & as always I couldn't have done it w/o my trusty Exec. Sous Chef who is the World's Best Fondant Worker!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment