Sunday, September 13, 2009

Brobee

A co-worker approached me one day & asked me if I could make a cake that looked like a character on his daughter's favorite TV show, "Yo Gabba Gabba." I immediately said I could before I even saw the creature (I always love a challenge). The character's name is "Brobee" & he is a green creature w/ orange horns coming out of his head, well see for yourself...
This was definitely one of the biggest challenges I had come across. I had never carved or stacked a cake before. Needless to say, this was the third incarnation of that cake. He was made of chocolate cake covered w/ fondant & fondant accents and his arms are rice krispies treats covered w/ fondant. He was 13" tall and 8" wide. If it wasn't for my trusty Sous Chef (the kids just call him "Dad") I don't think that I would have pulled it off (at least sanely).
Stay tuned for more....

No comments:

Post a Comment