Sunday, September 13, 2009

The Holidays

I love the holidays! As soon as the weather starts to cool, I start to nest. Every year! I love to bake holiday treats! I am already planning this year's cakes. I'm thinking of making a cake that looks like a real baked turkey w/ dressing for Thanksgiving,  but I'm not absolutely sure of that yet.  Oh yeah, my Gingerbread House will either be birdhouse or a country store.

This was last year's fair. The turkey cake was the first real experiment, poor thing took me 8 hours (I've gotten slightly quicker w/ practice, but not much). I had a substitute Sous Chef for the snowman cake, one of my sons!! The Christmas cake was a gift from my mother-in-law to my sister-in-law to match her collection of holiday dinnerware. I also made a Gingerbread House before that to practice making the poinsettia's.The Easter cake was carved & covered in fondant w/ a fondant swag & handmade royal icing lilies.



Oh, and just in case I haven't mentioned it- everything is edible on all of my cakes. The decorations are handmade by me out of a lot of different mediums (buttercream, fondant, color flow icing, etc...) and are always edible!

No comments:

Post a Comment