Monday, September 14, 2009

Jungle/Zoo Cake

The birthday boy who was the recipient of the Lightning McQueen cakes has a younger brother, and for his 1st birthday he had a Zoo theme. His mom brought me a napkin as inspiration. I covered the cake w/ buttercream (most kids don't like the taste of fondant). The pond is piping gel, the sand is brown sugar & all of the animals are gumpaste. The palm trees are a combination of pretzel, royal icing & fondant. This was also a fun cake to make.

And this was the birthday boy's Smash Cake!!!!
Okay, that's it for now. If I can get everyone in my world healthy and out of the hospital I will probably be designing & baking either a Purse cake or Topsy Turvy cake (that is a lot of cake, though) in the near future just to warm up for the holidays, so stay tuned....

No comments:

Post a Comment